For all of my chocolate loving and gluten free friends this recipe is the best I have found but keep in mind they are VERY rich and NOT at all healthy. So if you make them be sure to share with neighbors, friends and family. They also freeze very well.
Gluten-Free Fudgy Pecan Brownies
Skipping wheat flour doesn't have to mean forgoing decadent baked goods. These rich, nutty brownies are irresistible -- and easy to make.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for pan
- 1/3 cup cornstarch (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I prefer them without the cinnamon)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans (or nut of choice...macadamia was great)
Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter an 8-inch square baking pan and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides. Whisk together cornstarch, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt. In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and chocolate in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Add cornstarch mixture and stir vigorously until mixture is smooth and begins to pull away from side of bowl, about 2 minutes. Stir in pecans.
Step 2Pour batter into pan and smooth top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes, rotating pan halfway through. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Using paper overhang, lift cake out of pan and cut into 16 squares.